Park Maitland School is located at the southern entrance to Maitland, Florida just north of Winter Park and Orlando on U.S. Highway 17-92 (South Orlando Avenue). The school occupies four acres -- a two block wide area in several buildings totaling approximately 45,000 square feet. The school is situated behind beautiful brick and metal fencing with lush landscaping. The flanking streets are Orange Place and Magnolia Road which lead back into the Ridgewood neighborhood and Winter Park neighborhoods off of Park Avenue. Tangerine Place was closed off in 2002 to allow for the consolidation of the school's campus.
The original education buildings are:
- the Main Building, an historic two-story structure that has been adapted to classrooms and office space
- the Cottage, currently used for two classrooms and office/storage space -- it was our original kindergarten building
- the Library/Science Building, another historic single story structure that houses our library, computer labs, and grades 3-6 science classrooms
- two additional classroom buildings
Beginning with the 2004-2005 school year, the school gained two new facilities, constructed simultaneously:
- the Arts & Athletics Center, a multifunction facility with art, drama, and music classrooms for all grades and a gymnasium with performance stage
- the Early Education Center, a replacement building for the original classrooms located in the Cottage, with pre-kindergarten, kindergarten and grade one classrooms
This expansion also allowed for the improvement to our outdoor physical education facilities and on-site traffic circulation and parking.
The Arts and Athletics Center (AAC) has provided not only a gymnasium for physical education classes, but, also, a generous stage for performances and special events. It is very fitting that we are able to hold our K-5 "Bridging" ceremony and our grade six graduation ceremony on our own stage.